When I signed the lease to this apartment I had a chance to meet a couple of the tenants. They were both older ladies with names I can't remember and haven't really seen since.
Well... I actually did see the right hand and wrist of one lady as she very quickly pried open her door to reach for her newspaper last weekend, but then she just as quickly shut it and that was that.
Yesterday I had a nice little chat with a younger couple - Ed and Odessa who live down the hall from me. Apparently Odessa's sister lives above me and I hear her from time to time because there are no false ceilings in the building. I am not sure what Odessa does but Ed told me is a correctional officer. I asked if he was somewhere in Oakland and he said, "Oh no, San Quentin. Have you heard of it?"
Um, yes. Yes, I have.
need to come visit you soon!
ReplyDelete